Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Admissions Consultation 2022-2023
Harris Primary Academy Beckenham - Admissions Consultation
*** The consultation phase has now closed (06/01/21) all comments have been passed to the Governing Body and were discussed in their meeting of 14th January 2021 and ratified at their AGB meeting 28th January 2021. See below for meeting minutes and determined admission arrangements ***
The Governing body of Harris Primary Academy Beckenham are consulting on admission arrangements for students applying for places for the academic year beginning in September 2022.
The proposed change to the current policy relates to the oversubscription criteria. It is proposed to move to a straight line measurement from the child’s home address to the academy using London Borough of Bromley’s electronic measuring system. The current nodal point system is difficult to administer and many parents have informed us that they find it difficult to understand. This system was put in place when the academy was first set up and was only intended to be in place for the first few years of the academy being opened.
The consultation will run over 8 weeks from Wednesday 11th November 2020 to Wednesday 6th January 2021.
The full draft admissions arrangements for 2022-2023 can be found by clicking here.
The consultation has been communicated by Harris Primary Academy Beckenham as follows:
- Notification to the London Borough of Bromley
- Notification to all parents, carers and guardians of the academy and publication on the academy website
- Adverts in the local newspaper and other social media platforms that the academy use.
- Headteachers/Principals and Chair of Governors for all primary schools in the Borough (that are listed on the Bromley Council website).
- Local shops, newsagents and coffee shops.
- Neighbouring Councils
- Bromley LA Admissions Forum
- Bromley Councillors
- Diocesan Boards
We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to you. Please also provide your telephone number.
After our consultation, we will consider all the responses and discuss these with our board of Governors.