All of our children are expected to wear the correct uniform at all times of the school day and on the way to and from school.
The uniform code is designed to:
To encourage self-respect and pride in the Academy
To promote a professional approach to learning
To help promote the academic ethos of the school as a well ordered disciplined environment in which to learn
To ensure that children are well presented and smart
See attached documents for images of uniforms
All branded uniform can be purchased from:
99 Sydenham Rd
Tel: 020 8659 9917
They encourage you to visit their shop to try uniform and purchase. There is also an online purchasing facility
click here for their website WearAbouts Schoolwear
The branded uniform items are:
- V-neck sweatshirt or cardigan — royal blue Compulsory
- Tie—royal blue and red striped Compulsory
- Drawstring PE bag Compulsory
- Book Bag – royal blue (branded rucksack from KS2) Compulsory
- Reversible fleece jacket— royal blue Optional
White polo shirt (with or without logo is acceptable) No tie required until Y1
* Please note pupils in Reception do not need the full PE kit immediately as they do not get changed for PE lessons until their first Spring Term. However please send in a change of clothes (including plimsoles) for your child in their PE bag to leave on their peg at school in case of any accidents.
- Trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore—dark grey
- Shirt with collar—white (long– or short-sleeved)
- Polo Shirt – white (with or without logo) for Reception only
- PE t-shirt— royal blue or plain white
- PE shorts – royal blue
- Black plimsolls for indoor PE, plain black trainers for outdoor PE from Year 1
- Shoes—black (not trainers)
- Socks—black or grey (white for girls in summer)
- Tights—black or grey
Additional, optional items:
- Winter coat—a plain blue, grey or black – in extremely cold weather only if Academy coat not warm enough
- Summer dress— red check
Jewellery and Hair:
No jewellery is to be worn except for a discreet ear stud in each ear
Analogue watches are permitted but not smart watches.
Hair must be worn in a style that does not distract from learning. All long hair or hair over the face/eyes must be tied back. Extreme hairstyles/ colours/accessories that undermine the ethos or discipline of the Academy will not be permitted.
Hair accessories should be simple and in the school colours of blue or red.
Plain PE kit only with no sports branding. The t-shirts and shorts must be plain or with the HPABE logo only
Nearly New Uniform
We have nearly new uniform available for parents to purchase through our PTA. They hold sales at various times throughout the school year.
|Harris Primary Academy Beckenham Uniform Board Updated 2023||19th Sep 2023||Download|
|Harris Academy Beckenham PE Kit Updated 2023||19th Sep 2023||Download|